Sunday, August 25, 2013

Colt's Twenty-Fifth.

Colten turned 25. He had a few requests for his birthday which consisted of: Mexican food, Mexican food, and more Mexican food! What can I say? The man loves his Mexican food. Oh...and boating. The poor guy worked a ten hour shift on his actual birthday so we celebrated the weekend before. We went boating on Friday, which was a blast. Levi has thrown the worst fits every single time we have tried to put his life jacket on him so we were sure it was going to be a disaster, but he actual did really well. The only time he cried was when either Colten or I were off the boat knee boarding, or tubing.

On a semi-unrelated note...while I was sitting on the boat with our little man in my lap, I had one of those little moments I am sure all moms have. One of those overwhelming, bring tears to your eyes, so blessed and in love with your child moments. One of those I just want to snuggle this little baby and never let him go moments. One of those please never grow up and stop needing me moments. His cute little pudgy hand was holding mine, and I was resting my head on his, looking at his sweet curls, how his little buddha belly sticks out over his waistband, and how perfect his little legs and feet are. Literally every inch of him is perfect. The love a mother has for her child is so indescribable, and I can't express how grateful I am to have the privilege to feel that love, to be Levi's mama. My heart is full of gratitude to Heavenly Father for giving us the beautiful gift of procreation.

Okay that is the end of my rant. Here is a little collage of some pictures from the lake. Anyone who follows me on Instagram has already seen these.


On Saturday we went to Pepper's Cantina for dinner and then went to our house to a little surprise party/get together for him. It was really simple. We just had some finger foods, cake, ice cream, and swam a little bit. We had some people come to Pepper's and some come to the part at our house so it worked out well. We had a lot of fun with family and friends and got to catch up with some friends we hadn't seen in a while so it was nice. I really need to take more pictures. I did have my friend Sharise snap a few of the cake and a picture of us.





So to sum up this post:
Happy Birthday to the hottest, sweetest, most helpful, 25 year old wanna be Mexican husband on the planet, who also happens to be the best dad to Levi that I ever could have hoped for. 

I am one blessed little lady. Love you babe!



2 comments:

  1. HAHA! I love your little summary! I love your blog! Keep posting :) Happy belated birthday to Colten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! I love yours too! Sorry it took me so long to respond. I have been horrible about posting lately!

    ReplyDelete