Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hopefully the first of many...

Well, here it goes, finally my first post after weeks of procrastination. I am really excited about this blog. I just sometimes wonder if anyone would even want to read this stuff. Our lives are nothing spectacular, but we are so happy, and I guess this is more about keeping a journal of our adventures as newlyweds than anything else.We have been married for 5 months, so I will try to catch up to where we are now.

I guess I will start by introducing us:

Colten and I met in February of 2010 while we were both working at DownEast. We started dating in May, and moved pretty quickly. We got engaged on September 17th.

My Ring! Colt teases that I love it more than him.

Just a few of our engagement pictures..


We were sealed in the Saint George Temple on November 24, 2010. Some of our favorite wedding pictures..








We went on a cruise to the Western Caribbean for our honeymoon and had a blast! We went to Honduras, Grand Cayman, Belize, and Cozumel, Mexico. We are looking forward to hopefully going on many more cruises. More pictures...

 Grand Cayman


 Honduras



 Belize



Cozumel Mexico




We are currently living in an adorable, tiny little casita in his parent's backyard that we affectionately refer to as the "love shack".Like I said it is tiny, just around 600 square feet, but it is perfect for us in the stage of life we are in. We love it. Once it is fully decorated, which is taking us months, (who knows how long it would take if we had anything bigger :/ ) I will have to post some pictures. Colten is still working at DownEast, as the backroom manager there, and going to school full time. He is getting his bachelor's degree in Biology right now, then we are off to dental school. I am currently a teller at Wells Fargo, and I do hair on the side. I am starting college this fall. I want to go into the psychology/social work field.

Summer is just about to begin which means that we get a little more time together since school is done. Kinda...Colt is taking a math class during the summer. We also have a few trips planned. The manti pageant with Colt's family, to Carlsbad to see my sister Jenna after she has her baby, and the one I am most excited about, Canada, to visit my grandparents and other family up there!

We like to think of everything in life as an adventure. It has been a pretty easy transition from being single to married and we are loving the newlywed life. We are very excited to see what eternity has in store for us. Life is good :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment