Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer Fun

Well summer is officially underway and seems to be running away from us! It is already almost August, and we are a little bummed that it is almost over. Soon we will both be starting college for the fall semester; and life will become even busier. We have been married for over 8 months now! This year is just flying by.  We have been spending a lot of time with family, and in the pool to get out of the heat, which is definitely paying off in the small tan I've acquired. :)


We have been doing well in our jobs, but  Colten is trying to get a job a little closer by here in Hurricane, where he can work less to get his schooling done faster. We should find out if he gets the job by tomorrow. So cross your fingers for us!  We have definitely been able to see the Lord's hand in the way everything always seems to work itself out. We truly are so blessed


A lot of new things have happened in the last few months.


I chopped my hair into a cute aline that you will see in pictures to come :)


We got an adorable little american eskimo puppy that we named Koda.


He got into the mud and was sitting outside our sliding glass door looking extremely puzzled as to why I would not let him back inside.:)


We had so much fun with him but realized about a month and a half after we got him that with both of us working full time and starting school soon we just really didn't have the time to give a little puppy like him the attention he needs. We ended up giving him to a sweet newlywed couple, kinda like us, but unlike me, Koda's new mom hardly works so she had all the time in the world to spend with him. It was really hard, and I pretty much bawled my eyes out, putting up these pictures now is pretty depressing, but we really feel like we did the right thing for our little guy.


Colten has quite the green thumb, and has been tending a lot to his garden that he affectionately refers to as his "crops" and that I like to refer to as his jungle. It's gotten a little out of hand but I am excited for the end result..lots of yummy fruits and veggies to eat :)




Our biggest watermelon at the moment..very excited for these ones.
One of our squashes, Colten has a ginormous cucumber in there somewhere too but I couldn't find it.



I have started doing Zumba here in H-Town, which is a ton of fun for me. I love to dance, and I also love to feel like I am doing something with myself and taking care of my body. I have also started eating a lot healthier and it feels great. I am on a mission to lose my marriage weight. What they say about getting too comfortable and gaining weight when you get married is true, and I am not okay with it. I have already lost about 7 pounds...at least 10 more to go :)


We have also gone on 2 of our 3 vacations for the summer. We first went on one with Colten's family to Manti. They have this fun tradition of going to the Manti Pageant every year and making a weekend out of it. We had a blast. We went to the fish hatchery,,,a little gross, and stinky but fun. I tried to catch a fish with my bare hands, (totally against the rules) but failed because every time I felt their scales it grossed me out too bad and I dropped them. Ha. I think I will just stick to feeding them next time. We also went to the Ephraim Rec Center which is really just kind of like the Snow College gym, ate some yummy food, and went to a cute local craft show and shops. Then we of course went to the pageant, not one but two nights in a row, and had some interesting discussions with some christian protestors. Too bad we really didn't have a camera for a while because we only got a couple pictures. Here's one of them..
Last but not least, we had a new addition in the family. My sister Jenna had a darling baby girl on June 24th that she name Alexa Nicole Edmundson. We went to visit them in Carlsbad, California. a couple weeks after she was born and had a ton of fun. We bought a new camera right before this trip so get ready for some pictures.
Little Alexa. She is so tiny and precious.




We went and ate at this delicious pizza parlor right by the beach called Pizza Port. It was DECLICIOUS. And we had fun visiting the shops around the beach.




Mustache man. Shortly after this little Gagers disappeared and we were all frantically searching for him. Where did we find him? Of course in the race car arcade game. Why didn't we think of that in the first place? Scared us all to death.


Beach of course. Loved it!




Exhausted and covered in sand after getting home from the beach. He loved to play in the sand.


Someone found Uncle Colten's church boots. They were HUGE on him.


We brought Gagey boy with us to go see the San Diego Temple. It is sooo beautiful.










We really had so much fun spending time with Jenna, Chris, Gage and Alexa. We can't wait to go visit again.


Right now we are just trying to get ready for school in a few weeks, and for our last and longest vacation to Canada. We are sooo excited to go see my grandparents in Canada and spend some time with my extended family. I think Colten is gonna love it. I will definitely be posting another update when we get back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment