Monday, November 7, 2011

A Bun in the Oven



So I think my last post was in July after we visited Jenna in Carlsbad. We had a great summer. A few fun things happened after my last post.

1. Colten turned 23! We celebrated first at his grandparent's house with his family...





And second, at my grandparent's on the Smith side with a lot of my family in Canada...



2. As I mentioned in #1 I brought Colten to visit the land of my forefathers...a.k.a. Canada :) It was the best trip ever. He loved it just as much as I did, and I am so glad that we got to make some memories together in a place where so many of my best childhood memories are from. Colten was truly in his element with the tiny town, all the fields and the open spaces.

Here are some of our favorite pictures from the trip:

There are so many fields like this. Tons of open spaces and it seems like you can see for miles.


 Grammy's house and yard (below)


Grammy's huge garden. Colten was in LOVE!! Needless to say he was happy to help out in the garden all week.


The basement...a.k.a. the game room. Grandpa and Dave had a mean game of table tennis.

Also in the game room Colten, Matt, and Danny spent a lot of time playing old school video games like this one.

We went for a bike ride and decided to stop and take a picture by this silo with our last name on it.

Just one of our pictures from Waterton, a provincial park in Alberta. It was beautiful.

A picture of Colten and I with Grandma and Grandpa Smith.


We had so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa and all of our other family up in Canada.I am so glad Colten got to meet all of them. My Aunt Anne kept commenting on how he fit in so well it was kind of scary and it was true.

While we were there it got me thinking about how lucky we are to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives, and the blessings of the priesthood, and temple ordinances because of that. I am so happy to know that if I do my best to be like my Savior, and keep all of my covenants I will be with all these people I love so much for all eternity. It is so comforting.  It really is all about family. In the end, nothing else matters, and I have been blessed with a pretty awesome family. I love them all.

3. At the very end of the summer we found out that May of 2012 has something very special in store for us...a new addition to our little family!!. Yep, I'm pregnant, and we are sooo excited! I am just over 3 months along right now. I can't wait to be a mom!! We love this little one so much already.

Us on the morning we found out I am pregnant. We were a little bit in shock but very excited.
We got an ultrasound at around 9 weeks. This was our little bean then...

There is a reason why I refer to this picutre as our little bean. ha. Our baby is kind of standing on his/her head in this. The little spikey things at the top are our baby's legs and feet.

I have just started officially showing, and not look completely like I just had a few too many burritos, but it's definitely still a little iffy. Here's a picture of my 12 week bump ( I swear I look bigger in this picture than I really am)...



 That is about the extent of our excitement of the last few months. We have a lot to look forward to and we are loving the stage of life that we are in. We'll keep you posted with more pictures of my baby bump and updates about our little family :)

1 comment: